Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my cervix is knackered

(6 Posts)
tickleyourpickle Tue 12-Jan-16 19:20:20

I've been to the doctors today as I have had heavy bleeding after sex.

She examined me and said that I've got cervical erosion, this is from being on the pill too long.
I also have a large tear on my cervix which is easily fixed at the hospital apparently

I've also got scar tissue on my cervix, and "abnormalities" she didn't go into detail.

I've been referred to the gynaecologist to have a colposcopy to have it all looked into and I'm so scared, thinking the worst obviously
She's said I will be seen at the hospital before the end of this week which also worries me why they want to see me so fast confused

PollyPerky Tue 12-Jan-16 19:46:10

Try not to worry. Your GP can't possibly make a diagnosis by just looking. How long ago was your last smear?
Erosions are very common and not a result of being on the pill for a long time (that's what makes me think your dr isn't too clued up here!)

I had one in my 20s after being on the pill for around 3 months. It's common and can appear for all types of reasons such as hormonal changes. It's not serious.

As for a tear- why would you have that?

The abnormalities might be polyps- pity she didn't try to reassure you and tell you what she could see.

I am sure it will all be sorted easily- they can do a very minor procedure to cure the erosion or sometimes they go away on their own. Good luck!

tickleyourpickle Tue 12-Jan-16 20:06:57

Thank you for your reply.
I had a smear just under 3 years ago, after my DD. She has done another one today and also taken swabs to check for infection.

I have no idea why I have a tear, nothing unusual has happened, me and DH have certainly not been upto anything that would cause it!

Come to think of it she did mention a polyp, that might explain the abnormalities?

As for the scar tissue, I did have a very traumatic time with DDs birth, and my DS came very fast so I'm hoping this will be the explanation to the scarring?

I don't think I would be as worried if she had reassured me that it's nothing to worry about

PollyPerky Tue 12-Jan-16 20:16:28

she's done the right thing to refer you but tbh polyps and erosions are as common as colds! loads of women have them and they usually cause bleeding post sex. juts a shame for you she doesn't have a better bedside manner and could have been supportive. If they are bothering you then you will have a minor procedure- maybe just a local injection - to sort out both- have a google on both and you wil find treatment options.

PollyPerky Tue 12-Jan-16 20:17:20

local injection as pain relief while they remove polyps!

tickleyourpickle Wed 13-Jan-16 09:13:39

Thank you, just had the phone call. My appointment for the colposcopy is tomorrow morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now