Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worth a trip to the GPs?

(3 Posts)
Madblondedog Mon 11-Jan-16 08:25:06

Just before Christmas I fell down some concrete steps, foot caught behind me and landed on my shin (didn't hit my head or anything major). It bled a bit and really fucking hurt but I just figured it would bruise and that would be that. Anyway, now even 3 weeks later if I even slightly knock my shin its agony, it touched my desk this morning and I nearly cried in pain.

Is this just a deep bruise or worth a GP's trip? Keen not to waste anyones time!

loopyloo87 Mon 11-Jan-16 08:33:33

Hi madblondedog, I would go to the Dr to get it checked it might just be badly bruised but if its still very painful I wouldn't leave it... I've been to the Dr a couple of times recently never feel like your wasting their time thats what they are there for... My husband had a tumble a couple of years ago his wrist was badly bruised & he left it for weeks .I kept nagging him to get it looked at so he eventually went to A & E for an xray turned out it was fractured not saying this is your case but its worth getting checked.. Hope you feel better soon .

Madblondedog Mon 11-Jan-16 08:45:15

Thanks loopyloo, I might give it one more week to see how it goes (will take that long to get a GP's appointment anyway). The only thing I think I could have done is chipped the bone but from what I understand there isn't much they can do for that.

I have a real fear of dr's so don't like to go unless absolutely necessary smile. Glad they never make you feel like you're time wasting, I need them to be nice to not make my fear worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now