Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

C-section years ago. This morning found blood on knicker waistband. Anyone experienced same?

(7 Posts)
Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 12:21:44

Title says it all. Was very surprised. Checked line and there is a tiny hole I guess as you can see red spot. Put tissue against it and it's leaving fresh red blood spots on tissue as I dab it. Guess I should get it checked but seems so minor but then again this isn't right is it?

Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 13:49:07

... or from another old incision? Probably shouldn't have put c-section in heading.

Fuckitfay Sun 10-Jan-16 14:00:39

Hmm. I would ring GP tomorrow. Any pain? Have you done a lot of exercise recently? Maybe tight clothes rubbing on scar?

MyBeloved Sun 10-Jan-16 14:46:29

I've had 2 cesarean sections and a laparoscopy and this has never happened to me. How old is the scar? I'd definitely be getting it checked out tomorrow morning at the gp surgery! Hope you're ok x

Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 17:17:40

No pain. It did stop spotting after a few hours. I stretched doing lightbulb a few days ago otherwise just normal stuff but did feel a bit of a pull but maybe clutching atstraws to find a reason after many many years of never having any problems.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Sun 10-Jan-16 22:18:54

This happened to me - 16 years after my c section! There seemed to be a "hole" on the incision line. I went to GP and it turned out it was just inflamed because it had got a bit hot and sweaty (hot weather, top of knickers rubbing, plus I am overweight). No real issue, got given some cream and it cleared up.

Do go and get it checked, but hopefully it will not be anything serious.

Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 23:43:47

Thanks for posting usedtobeapaxmanfan mine is 16 years too! Thinking about it more as it started again, I was doing some stomach exercises last week as I'm desperate to improve my flabby stomach as I desperately try to lose weight- don't know why bother as It always Seems to end up resulting in a hurt ankle or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now