Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

C-section years ago. This morning found blood on knicker waistband. Anyone experienced same?

(7 Posts)
Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 12:21:44

Title says it all. Was very surprised. Checked line and there is a tiny hole I guess as you can see red spot. Put tissue against it and it's leaving fresh red blood spots on tissue as I dab it. Guess I should get it checked but seems so minor but then again this isn't right is it?

Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 13:49:07

... or from another old incision? Probably shouldn't have put c-section in heading.

Fuckitfay Sun 10-Jan-16 14:00:39

Hmm. I would ring GP tomorrow. Any pain? Have you done a lot of exercise recently? Maybe tight clothes rubbing on scar?

MyBeloved Sun 10-Jan-16 14:46:29

I've had 2 cesarean sections and a laparoscopy and this has never happened to me. How old is the scar? I'd definitely be getting it checked out tomorrow morning at the gp surgery! Hope you're ok x

Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 17:17:40

No pain. It did stop spotting after a few hours. I stretched doing lightbulb a few days ago otherwise just normal stuff but did feel a bit of a pull but maybe clutching atstraws to find a reason after many many years of never having any problems.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Sun 10-Jan-16 22:18:54

This happened to me - 16 years after my c section! There seemed to be a "hole" on the incision line. I went to GP and it turned out it was just inflamed because it had got a bit hot and sweaty (hot weather, top of knickers rubbing, plus I am overweight). No real issue, got given some cream and it cleared up.

Do go and get it checked, but hopefully it will not be anything serious.

Illcya Sun 10-Jan-16 23:43:47

Thanks for posting usedtobeapaxmanfan mine is 16 years too! Thinking about it more as it started again, I was doing some stomach exercises last week as I'm desperate to improve my flabby stomach as I desperately try to lose weight- don't know why bother as It always Seems to end up resulting in a hurt ankle or something.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: