Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Short QT syndrome?

(1 Post)
dontrunwithscissors Fri 08-Jan-16 12:10:43

I know this is a long shot as I'm told it's very rare, but I was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge with short QT syndrome? I've just seen a cardiologist and told I have a short QT interval (326) and so they're going to do genetic testing to see if I have short QT syndrome.

My brother is believed to have died from long QT syndrome and my Dad has long QT so I've got some knowledge of that problem, but I'd never heard of short QT syndrome until today. Trying to not panic too much until there's more evidence, but the cardiologist said there's nothing else that could cause a short QT interval. (I was referred to a cardiologist as I've fainted/had chest pain/palpitations/chest pain for months.) It's only been recognised as a syndrome until quite recently so there's no tried/tested treatment for it. Worst case scenario is that I drop down dead. sad

As I say, I'm trying not to panic too much as this was based off 1 ECG this morning. I've had lots of ECG's since the palpitatons started and I'm sure there was 1 of them where the interval was in the 400+ range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now