Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump on cleavage

(6 Posts)
sreya Wed 06-Jan-16 11:04:35

Hi. I discovered a pea sized lump on my cleavage 2 weeks back. It is not red. It was less than a centimeter. Over the last week it has been very painful and I did poke and prod it a lot to keep checking. It is soft but I can't tell it is a perfect round or oval.It can be seen through the skin a bit. It pains when I push on it. Till yesterday, I was getting a pain/burning sensation throughout the area, extending to my left breast but today the pain is much lesser. The lump now measures a bit more than 1 cm. The lump seems to be mobile and kind of flattens down when I'm in the reclining position. I am extremely worried. Can this be a cyst?

Epilepsyhelp Wed 06-Jan-16 11:06:38

GP appointment stat. Probably nothing to worry about but MNers cannot diagnose.

Asteria36 Wed 06-Jan-16 11:07:28

Best to get it checked out - hopefully just a cyst but better to have it looked at ASAP rather than worrying about it.

sreya Wed 06-Jan-16 11:12:26

Did I mention that I'm 24?? sad

StayGold Wed 06-Jan-16 12:01:00

Hi sreya Get it checked out asap, being only 24 won't stop you getting cysts etc, but no point worrying and making it sore by prodding. Your GP can refer you if they're concerned and you'll be seen within 2 weeks, take care SG x

Marshy Wed 06-Jan-16 12:16:00

Huge odds that it's nothing to worry about but definitely see GP to get it checked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now