Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleeding after sex

(11 Posts)
tickleyourpickle Wed 06-Jan-16 09:57:47

Recently I've been bleeding heavily after sex. Not instantly, but by the following morning it's like I've come on my period, which lasts for 2-5 days.
It has happened the last 3 or 4 times after sex.

It happened again last night (well noticed the bleeding this morning) im on the pill (Yasmin) Ive not missed any and I'm about half way through the pack

I've been with DH 8 years so nothing new going on

Any advise?

Wolpertinger Wed 06-Jan-16 10:23:03

You should see your GP.

tickleyourpickle Wed 06-Jan-16 10:31:55

I know sad
I've had a quick google and it's not looking good is it. Shit.

Wolpertinger Wed 06-Jan-16 10:38:55

Don't panic or google but you do need to see them and not the next appointment they have in February.

worldgonecrazy Wed 06-Jan-16 10:39:35

It may be cervical erosion, which is fairly harmless. However, you do need to get it checked out by your GP.

Ledkr Wed 06-Jan-16 10:39:49

Yes you should get it checked straight away BUT it's not necessarily bad news. I had this from a polyp which was easily removed and bleeding stopped straight away!

It could be anything.

tickleyourpickle Wed 06-Jan-16 10:55:51

Probably a silly question but will they do an examination? Should I wait until I've stopped bleeding?

smellsofelderberries Wed 06-Jan-16 12:15:33

I had cervical erosion when on the same pill for too long years ago. Bleeding wasn't as heavy as you describe but it wasn't just spotting either. Ended up paying for a private gynaecologist who said, peering up at me from between my legs 'oh yes! I can see what's going on- your cervix is like tissue paper! poke Oh yes, it's very fragile'.

So, it might be something serious but it really could be something as simple as cervical erosion and changing your pill. I would see the doctor ASAP, still bleeding or not and they can decide about exams etc from there. Good luck, I remember how scary it was to go through this flowers

tickleyourpickle Wed 06-Jan-16 12:24:43

Ok thank you, il make an appointment.
That could be the case actually as I've been on Yasmin for about 10 years

tickleyourpickle Wed 06-Jan-16 12:35:31

Appointment made for Tuesday.
I spoke with a doctor on the phone and she said the most likely cause would be a "graze" on my cervix from being in the pill.
Thanks for all your replies

Wolpertinger Wed 06-Jan-16 12:50:00

Brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now