Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vitamins any point??

(6 Posts)
Chocqueen99 Tue 05-Jan-16 17:53:31

I know a lot of people think there pointless & you can get it all from your diet but other people swear by them.
I eat way too much normally & am very overweight, but today I've started eating well & I intend to carry on & get myself healthy so I've bought some vitamin c & zinc, mainly because I had so many colds last year & this year is getting similar.

Have they helped anyone not be ill as much? ?

Chocqueen99 Tue 05-Jan-16 19:58:49

It was on here tgat I read a lot of people saying they took zinc & vit c.

Also guna take a perfectil hair skin & nails vit...

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 05-Jan-16 20:02:58

Do.some research into vitamin D and supplement with that if you think appropriate - most people in the UK are deficient...

Chocqueen99 Tue 05-Jan-16 20:08:43

Will do thanks. My friend & sister were actually.

ChineseLaundry15 Tue 05-Jan-16 20:23:30

I think they are worth taking. I take a borocca type vitamin every day and it makes a difference to how many colds I get ...... or rather don't get now.

But I know there is no medical proof they work.

sleepwhenidie Tue 05-Jan-16 20:29:22

Most of us are deficient in vitamin D and omega 3 so these are worth supplementing (including for kids). Beyond that, imo it depends if you have particular health complaints - for example magnesium supplements are good if you have trouble sleeping, some people find vitamin C and zinc help immunity, as can probiotics. Glucosamine/chondoitrin can be good for painful/stiff joints. The list goes on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now