Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I request a hysterectomy ?

(5 Posts)
CreeKernow Tue 05-Jan-16 12:55:03

Hi all, I've had 3 smears a year apart starting at CIN 1 then CIN2 plus biopsys an closcopy. Then CIN3 coloscopy plus Lietz . I also have HPV 16, Now waiting for results.
I'm so tired of the procedures and worry. Can I request a hysterectomy an get rid of the stress once and for all ??

PollyPerky Tue 05-Jan-16 21:20:04

In a word- No.

It's a medical decision that might be discussed with you but the reasons you give do not warrant a major op which has more risks.

Ask by al means but unlikely they will offer it.

CreeKernow Wed 06-Jan-16 12:24:50

Thank you for your reply.
I should add that I have degenerative back disease, severe nerve damage in my lumber section. When I have periods the pain is referred to my back and it puts me in bed for the entire period. I also have Fibromyalgia. It just seems that there is always something an I just thought that instead of carrying on with the problems I have with my cervix that they could just take it away. I also have two children.

StillMedusa Wed 06-Jan-16 22:39:47

I requested mine!

I had a mild vaginal prolapse, rectocele and cystocele after my no 4 baby...and horrible periods. Asked for a hysterectomy rather than repair/ living with it. As I had definitely finished with having babies they agreed . I was 35. 13 years later NO regrets (and no cervix!)

You can but ask!

StillMedusa Wed 06-Jan-16 22:40:41

Incidentally, although mine was an old fashioned abdominal hysterectomy due to my prolapse, it was a FAR easier recovery than having my tonsils out 3 years earlier!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now