Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird periods after lactational amenorrhea

(5 Posts)
raisin3cookies Mon 04-Jan-16 17:23:24

Thanks to bfing into toddlerhood, my periods only returned recently when dd was 25 months old. I've had several cycles since, which are different from previous periods. The weirdest bit is having about a week of spotting off and on before it starts in earnest. This month I've started spotting and then it has just stopped completely yesterday and today.

Give it to me straight, mn. Am I dying or something?? I've never had a period just... Fizzle out like this, and definitely not pregnant (tested yesterday).

PhilPhilConnors Mon 04-Jan-16 17:25:26

I had no periods for over 30 months after ds3 (it was bliss!)
It took 4 months for everything to be regular again, so it's probably just things getting back to normal.
If it's worrying you though it's worth mentioning to a gp.

raisin3cookies Mon 04-Jan-16 17:26:13

Thanks. I've just moved house so don't have a go yet, but will ask asap.

Clarella Wed 06-Jan-16 22:18:25

Mine were very odd after 2 years absence. And extre heavy. They do an odd spluttering out too. And sometimes I think I've stopped only to start spotting heavily a couple of days later.

I'm in s big toddler be group and there's often lots of 'weird period' posts. Quite a lot take evening primrose, calcium and magnesium and some other bits to help. (Info on kellymom and lll websites)

raisin3cookies Wed 06-Jan-16 22:25:56

Thanks! I'll have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now