Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

breasts still leaking a year after stopped breastfeeding and ds still affected by my hormones?

(4 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Mon 04-Jan-16 13:28:30

I stopped breastfeeding ds about a year ago but every now and then my nipples still leak... not a huge amount (they never did) but just a small drop through my bra.

Also ds was always quite affected by my monthly cycle when I was feeding him - would get quite grumpy around my period and spotty and stuff and I don't know if i'm imagining it but I'm sure he still gets like it! I've got my period at the moment and he's got spots to match mine.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 04-Jan-16 14:41:41

You need to see the GP; excess prolactin levels can cause milk production to start up again. Treatment is given in the form of tablets.

lloydlf76 Mon 04-Jan-16 14:53:25

I wouldn't worry about it for some women there is always a little milk left. I know ladies who haven't fed for years and can still squeeze out a few drops of milk or leak a little. The drugs to dry up breastmilk come with some very nasty side effects.

arewethereyet55 Tue 05-Jan-16 08:48:13

Try the natural way, i did, i took Sage Tincture from Holland and Barratt. Also used to help with hot flushes. I'd been producing milk 15 months after i stopped BF and i occasionally got blocked ducts with it. I reacted badly to The Pill when i was in my early twenties so i wasn't keen to take the hormone drug my GP wanted to perscribe me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now