Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Messed up periods

(4 Posts)
KellyLd Sat 02-Jan-16 23:45:51

Right I've always had a 28 day cycle. Periods last 5 days, occasionally 7. Could usually pinpoint when my periods would come. The past few cycles they've been coming closer and closer together.
Last month it began on 11th, finished after 11 days on the 22nd. Passed a few heavy clots at the beginning. Then on the 24th, i bled out of nowhere for the day. It was quite a heavy bleed when I noticed it, had to change. Had period cramps all day. Then it was stopped the next day.

Anyway. I thought It'd settle but today (2nd) I started bleeding lightly again.

I've looked it up online and all the Internet is saying is early menopause (I'm 24) or cancer.

My body has never done anything like this so I don't know if this is just a little blip or something to get seen to?? Any ideas?

AlpacaLypse Sat 02-Jan-16 23:52:52

Our bodies occasionally do bonkers blips, and hopefully that's all this is. However I'd be ringing your gp first thing on Monday. Best wishes.

PS is there the faintest chance you could have been pregnant and this incident was actually a miscarriage?

KellyLd Sat 02-Jan-16 23:59:25

I know! Such an odd thing.

I did a pregnancy test that was negative on the 23rd. If I was miscarrying surely I'd feel it? I haven't been in anymore pain than usual. I'm not on any contraception myself and have only used condoms with my partner for a few months. So I guess it is a possibility?

I just moved a few hundred miles and I don't have the ID required (proof of address) to sign up to a doctor. Anyone know if doctors will see me as a temporary patient? Or could I see somebody at a walk in centre or something?

AlpacaLypse Wed 13-Jan-16 16:54:18

Hi, just running through Threads I'm On and found this - I hope you managed to see a professional and get this sorted OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now