Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any opticians on here?

(1 Post)
Nyborg Fri 01-Jan-16 21:38:56

I've had contact lenses for years - always monthly disposables because I have astigmatism in both eyes that I'm told can't be matched by a prescription for daily disposables.

Years ago, I wore lenses every day and had perfect (so far as I could tell) eyesight. But my current lenses prescription seems really off, though I've had it checked a few times. My optician says that my present prescription now can't be exactly matched by any monthly disposables but that my sight in the lenses is good enough to drive. I don't agree; I find driving in them really stressful and I don't think I could read in them for very long.

How likely is my optician's explanation? He is a very nice man and I'm very happy with my glasses prescription, but I'm wondering if I should go elsewhere for lenses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now