Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Salty taste in mouth anyone? ?

(13 Posts)
Chocqueen99 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:17:35

Feel like ive always got some weird thing going off.
Now its a weird salty taste im mouth I have no idea what is it?? Am a bit snotty n coughy at min but have had colds off n on since November.
Had this taste since yesterday tea time, & I wqs at the dentists in Oct n dnt need any fillings buy have I do need a root canal re doing but she said only if I had symptoms! But what symptoms she means I don't know.

Chocqueen99 Thu 31-Dec-15 17:47:09

Sometimes a bit bitter not so much salty.

Chocqueen99 Thu 31-Dec-15 20:37:18

Bump

FlatOnTheHill Thu 31-Dec-15 23:31:26

Ive had this before. Is your mouth quite watery. Im no help as have no idea what the hell it is. But mine did go. Then it comes back and goes again. Sorry no help but im sure you not alone.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Thu 31-Dec-15 23:34:39

Tooth infection?

Chocqueen99 Thu 31-Dec-15 23:37:33

Thanks people i dunno about a tooth infection I was only at dentists in sept unless it's the tooth whay needs root canal doing.
Flatonthehill thanks lol did u ever go to doctor or anything?

FlatOnTheHill Fri 01-Jan-16 00:25:22

Never went to doctor. My mouth gets watery with it and the spit is very salty confused. It comes and goes. Weeks sometimes months apart. Its weird.

Chocqueen99 Sat 02-Jan-16 16:30:28

I've probably had it about 4 days now tho angry

Chocqueen99 Sun 03-Jan-16 16:42:14

Good god just read that it's a symptom of motor neuron disease. ...The Internet is too scary.

thegiddylimit Sun 03-Jan-16 16:46:28

It'll be a bit of an infection in your tooth, make an appointment to see the dentist tomorrow. I had infections in my wisdom teeth that had similar symptoms when I was younger.

Chocqueen99 Sun 03-Jan-16 16:57:06

I hope so.. I went it October & she told me I may need a root canal repeated what I had done years ago. But because I had no symptoms she wouldn't touch it, im wondering if it's from that!! I'm scared stiff of losing it Cus it's quite near front at bottom angry

BOTTERSNIKESandGUMBLES1971 Sun 03-Jan-16 16:58:49

Are you eating less or less carbs?

I've get a salty (bit like peanuts) taste in my mouth when eating less. (Not happened last few weeks!)

Chocqueen99 Sun 03-Jan-16 17:11:47

Definitely not lol I've ate some right crap over Christmas & ate loads of carbs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now