Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Leg Cramps

(7 Posts)
Groovee Wed 30-Dec-15 19:27:27

For around 6 weeks I have had bad leg cramps. They are happening at anytime and can be while walking, sitting or lying down. Yesterday it's been in my toes too.

I've got an appointment at the dr as my left calf is in constant pain while moving now!

Has anyone had this before? I'm on liquid iron due to low ferritin levels but it was happening before that treatment started.

574ejones Wed 30-Dec-15 19:56:08

Not a medical professional but I used to get terrible leg cramps too. A good multivitamin taken daily stopped mine.
I have also read that low potassium can cause cramps, and that bananas are a good source.

Groovee Wed 30-Dec-15 21:15:29

Thanks, would love to eat bananas but they cause reflux. I'm falling to pieces blush

gobbin Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:27

Try a magnesium oil spray.

Groovee Thu 31-Dec-15 09:48:18

I've to have blood tests later this morning to get my mineral levels checked

CMOTDibbler Thu 31-Dec-15 17:52:57

I used to get a lot of cramp, and would feel a bad one for days. Now I take a magnesium supplement and don't get them - not evidence I know, but easy to do and no downside

trinity0097 Fri 01-Jan-16 08:04:56

Try upping your intake of salt, I always gets cramps when I've had a low salt few days. A handful of salty peanuts normally does the trick, or some soup made with a stock cube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now