Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

SPD on Woman's Hour!

(13 Posts)
motherinferior Wed 19-May-04 13:42:34

Remember the article I wrote on Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction for one of the baby magazines? I sent a copy to a friend who works at Woman's Hour...and guess what, they want to do a short feature! It may be for this Friday. I'm being interviewed as someone who's had it (please be nice to me if I sound like a complete dweeb).

I'm really, really pleased to get the issue the coverage. And I shall do my best to mention Mumsnet as well, although my piece is being recorded in advance so you never know what they may edit out of it. Will keep you posted!

eddm Wed 19-May-04 14:38:50

How exciting! Will listen with interest (if it is on listen again via the website?).

pamina3 Wed 19-May-04 14:44:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

serenequeen Wed 19-May-04 14:44:53

excellent!

piglit Wed 19-May-04 14:48:36

Wow - MI! I'll try to listen in on Friday.

Batters Wed 19-May-04 14:50:55

Marina Wed 19-May-04 16:44:49

Fantastic news MI and a very good cause to promote more widely. Will try and listen in - have to be on the website as I'm on a course on Friday and skulking under the desk with my tranny will not get me brownie points. Good luck!

WideWebWitch Wed 19-May-04 21:56:48

Oh fab! Will be at work but hope I'll be able to do the listen again thing from the website. You're very undweeb like too!

Flip Wed 19-May-04 22:02:04

Well done. As a fully paid up sufferer who's still experiencing symptoms six months after giving birth, it's a very worthy issue and one I wasn't aware of until it struck me half way through my pregnancy. But at least I can walk now and get in and out of bed without help. But I still don't trust myself carrying ds2 down the stairs first thing in the morning. I hope it all goes well. :}

Bron Thu 20-May-04 09:35:49

motherinferior Thu 20-May-04 12:46:25

Article should be out soon, I think. WH is at 10am, although it's not guaranteed for tomorrow. I recorded my bit last night, in a dweebly wurbly sort of way with the girls making childish noises in the background....

prettycandles Thu 20-May-04 21:22:41

Wow - I'm glad I logged on tonight! I don't usually listen to WH on Fridays, but I'll make the effort to do so tomorrow.

csa Fri 04-Feb-05 10:08:54

hi motherinferior, any chance of getting a copy of your article? mw has just diagnosed me with SPD and feeling rather sorry for myself at the mo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: