Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low vit b12

(3 Posts)
Deckthehallswithjammydodgers Tue 29-Dec-15 10:15:20

Hi I've been feeling exhausted losing my hair by the handful and a brain fog for the last few months. My docs did some tests last week and they are saying I'm a little low in vit b12. They have left me a perscription for some tablets, how long does it take for them to start to work ? as I'm just so tired all the time I could literally sleep the clock round I slept from 11pm last night to 10am this morning and I know I could go back to bed and probably sleep most of the day as well.

Bonkerz Tue 29-Dec-15 23:01:07

My b12 was found to be low back in October. I was put on tablets and re tested 8 weeks later but my levels hadn't increased and I'm now having injections instead.
I didn't feel any benefits when taking the tablets unfortunately.

PoshPenny Thu 31-Dec-15 21:06:12

It may not be as simple as taking the pills, you might need a different sort of b12 if your body can't convert it to the "right" form. This website might be of interest. I take the better you b12 spray which is in the active form, methylcobalamin. Has made a huge difference for the better.
www.b12d.org

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now