Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Humming uterus!

(13 Posts)
hesterton Mon 28-Dec-15 18:50:43

I think I'm going mad. My uterus is humming and vibrating in a sort of pulsating but continuous buzz. Has been for a few days now. There's nothing in there! I'm in my fifties so definitely not pregnant!

Has anyone else experienced this?

loveyoutothemoon Mon 28-Dec-15 20:18:06

Are you 100% sure you're not pregnant? Have you been through the menopause?

hesterton Mon 28-Dec-15 22:20:44

I'm sterilised so yes, sure. Still having periods; they're getting heavier and heavier and longer and longer so they're almost joining up. Hot flushes too though so maybe the end is in sight!

Backingvocals Tue 29-Dec-15 09:40:29

This was my first pregnancy sign. Almost as if I had a phone on vibrate in there !

Backingvocals Tue 29-Dec-15 09:42:09

Sorry, posted too soon. But this coincided with implantation time for me so in my mind that's what it was. Could it be some sort of polyp jostling against the wall ?

Owllady Tue 29-Dec-15 09:42:46

Have you over indulged this past week? It could quite easily be wind!

hesterton Tue 29-Dec-15 17:13:39

Some overindulgence but not massively! I'll try and have a good detox.

It seems to have stopped at last today.

I think polyp could be the answer - I had a small one show up on a scan 8 years ago. Maybe it's grown a bit!

hesterton Tue 29-Dec-15 21:25:22

Oh my god it's worse than ever. Like having a flipping angry bee living in the bottom left hand side of my womb.

Knitmyshickers10 Tue 29-Dec-15 21:44:32

I have to say this was my first pregnancy sign too...

MadauntofA Tue 29-Dec-15 21:49:58

I get this from time to time, definitely not pregnant but sometimes have to check my pocket to see if I have my phone in there vibrating awaygrin

hesterton Tue 29-Dec-15 21:50:32

Oh my.

hesterton Tue 29-Dec-15 21:51:21

Sorry that was at the idea of being pregnant in my 50s! V glad to hear non pregnant women get it too!

MadauntofA Tue 29-Dec-15 21:57:07

I get v heavy periods too - maybe I have a polyp in there as well?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now