Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone help me stop worrying about DM?

(1 Post)
Fauchelevent Sun 27-Dec-15 15:18:01

My DM has been having symptoms for a while, first they were gluten intolerance symptoms where she reacted to a lot of foods, but the tests came back that she was not intolerant. She is still struggling with low appetite and weight loss.

Now she is also experiencing breathlessness and a persistent cough, and the doctor diagnosed her as being asthmatic - something she dealt with severely as a child.

However, she's my Mum and as a natural worrier I just can't help but take this to the worst possible conclusion, that it can't be asthma and it must be "something else".

It also doesn't help that we had a terrible Christmas this year and argued, now I feel awful and scared. I just need a little reassurance, I know the doctor knows more than me, but she didn't mention the loss of appetite and he hasn't yet done any X-rays. I don't know how to handle it if the news is worse - she's only 57 and my rock, I don't know how to carry on without her.

I hate that my first MN post is so miserable, I just hope someone can hand-hold, offer advice, hopefully put my mind at rest or prepare me a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now