Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

toothache, pulp necrosis

(4 Posts)
toothpain Sun 27-Dec-15 13:04:58

any advice on what i can do : (

have been to dentist and got metronidazol and amoxillan and am on day three of this. also taking codeine and ibufprofen and anadin.

last couple of day the pain was on and off but today it's back and so painful, the only relief is if i swish cold water but once this wears off the pain comes back.

what else can i do?

Pipistrella Sun 27-Dec-15 13:08:54

emergency dentist and ask if they will consider putting a temporary dressing in the tooth.

It's worth a try. It might be that the antibiotics need more time to work, but even so, you might find someone who is willing to bung in a dressing.

Some emerg dentists will only give antibiotics, but many will extract or do a temp dressing if required.

That should diminish the pain markedly.

toothpain Sun 27-Dec-15 13:25:18

thanks am waiting for a call back it's weird that it felt better but now feels worse again

toothpain Sun 27-Dec-15 14:25:27

pain is subsiding a bit now, i don't think drinking water helps in the long run it just seems to aggrivate it

The lady from 111 was really really helpful and i feel a lot calmer now, thanks for suggesting i call them pip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now