Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

fat necrosis lump in breast-anyone had this?

(7 Posts)
PontyGirl Sat 26-Dec-15 17:11:21

I got referred and diagnosed with this after an ultrasound which showed nothing at all - the lump couldn't be seen - and then an examination. My lump is really quite tiny - about 2.5mm was what was on my notes - and I'm mid-20's so the breast clinic said they were confident it was fat necrosis and sent me on my way. I just hate that it's still there! Anyone else had any experience of this? When does it go?!

Titsywoo Sun 27-Dec-15 00:46:19

Yes I have one. Found it about 11 years ago. They don't go it's still there but I don't think about it (and I am an anxious person). It has been checked and is fine. People get lumps. Most of them are not cancer. Don't worry about it smile

PontyGirl Sun 27-Dec-15 08:46:33

Thanks titsywoo can I ask - did they biopsy yours? I just was a little surprised they didn't biopsy it and could just tell from feeling it

Emochild Sun 27-Dec-15 19:30:06

I've had one for 10 years

No biopsy but the breast clinic did say it makes things harder to spot so I go every 2 years for a check up -but that's due to my family history rather than my lump

PontyGirl Sun 27-Dec-15 20:25:30

How annoying emochild! The consultant said it would go in a few months hmm did yours come up randomly? He mentioned maybe injuring the area but apart from an energetic toddler, I don't recall hurting it.

Emochild Sun 27-Dec-15 21:14:20

Badly fitting bra wire aperently

Titsywoo Mon 28-Dec-15 01:18:38

Yes but only because I was so anxious! They could tell what is was from the ultra sound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now