Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in the boobage

(8 Posts)
planter Wed 23-Dec-15 21:27:05

For the last couple of days one boob has felt a bit sore. Not all the time, but a few times I've brushed past something or similar and it feels like it used to when I was bfing and was engorged.

It is possible that I'm still slightly lactating, and I have had a rummage and can't feel anything at all, and it's not tender to the touch especially.

Should I get checked out, or is it too vague for the GP to bother with?

TIA

VestalVirgin Fri 25-Dec-15 21:20:21

Aren't you entitled to getting our breasts checked out on a regular basis anyway?

Go to a gynecologist and tell her about it. That's what I do. Better safe than sorry and all that.

planter Fri 25-Dec-15 21:23:22

Yes I suppose it is.

I was just thinking about this again this evening. It's sore when I run up the stairs, or even when I'm just walking, but not at all sore to the touch. I just can't think why.

MimsyBorogroves Fri 25-Dec-15 21:24:36

Any medication that's new? I've just started taking new migraine meds and mine were so painful for a couple of weeks that I ended up doing pregnancy tests.

planter Fri 25-Dec-15 21:29:51

No, nothing at all that I can think of.

I bfed for two years and was still lactating quite recently. I wondered if it was something to do with finally drying up? Because it feels exactly like it did when I was bfing and I'd gone a bit over time on a feed.

So weird.

planter Fri 25-Dec-15 21:30:37

Sorry I forgot to add I'm non uk so not NHS, but yes I should be able to see a gynae fairly easily.

Marshy Fri 25-Dec-15 22:15:51

Gynecologists don't do boobs here in the UK. Don't you need a breast surgeon? If you had breast issues in the UK, that would be your first contact, after the gp obviously.

planter Fri 25-Dec-15 22:20:37

Sorry to be unclear. The doc where I am does women generally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now