Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The runs after the flu?

(5 Posts)
ValiantVelvet Tue 22-Dec-15 16:18:34

I've been in bed for the last three days with the flu. Managed to potter around a bit today but I've had rotten stomach ache since I got up and keep having to run to the loo. Feel like I have mild period pains, almost. Not preggers and on no meds. I've had a few digestives since about 10am and nothing else.

Is this normal? I've never had the flu before!

Chocqueen99 Fri 25-Dec-15 23:39:13

I think it can be some people have it & they say it just works it's was through their body.. hope you are feeling better.

Pobspits Fri 25-Dec-15 23:54:24

When we had swine flu this happened to all of us. We went down in succession so by person 3 they were looking forward to the diarrhoea as they knew it was almost over!!!!

TurduckenForDinner Fri 25-Dec-15 23:55:23

I often get problems with my digestive system after a viral illness. I try to eat small amounts of bland things, dry toast or crackers etc, and steer clear of dairy and meat. It generally passes after a couple of days.

Pseudonym99 Sat 26-Dec-15 12:02:44

Have you taken any medicines? Even Strepsils can give you the runs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now