Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any dentists around, my massive filling fell out of big molar and now my new dentist want to extract the whole tooth

(5 Posts)
ggirl Mon 21-Dec-15 10:36:48

I have no pain so tooth is dead I presume.
My dentist just retired and I have seen new one about this and another problem . She spent a while talking about the other problem on other side of mouth and I am having root canal treatment today for it.
The dead tooth with missing filling one she dismissed and said ..no hope might as well extract or words to that effect.

I would rather not lose the tooth tbh and wondered if I was being unrealistic.

brightnearly Mon 21-Dec-15 19:03:00

I'm not a dentist, but I've just had a tooth like that out...maybe get a second opinion and see if anything can be done?

bonzo77 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:06:18

Dentist here. Agree a second opinion can do no harm. I've not seen you so cannot advise fully, but teeth that are too broken down to get a good result on root canal and a crown are usually best removed due to risk of ongoing infection.

ggirl Mon 21-Dec-15 19:51:37

thanks
saw dentist this afternoon and she said (before I asked ) that she would fill and repair and leave the tooth ..which she did. So no extraction..yet

brightnearly Mon 21-Dec-15 22:02:50

That's really nice! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now