Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pain, what was this?!

(7 Posts)
tallulahturtle Mon 21-Dec-15 05:56:01

Just woke up and had intense stabbing pain in my chest under my left breast. Unless I only breathed very shallowly it was very painful.

Almost felt like I needed to do a deep breath to get rid of it , so i did and it went.

Any ideas what was going on? Was pretty scary.

wannabestressfree Mon 21-Dec-15 05:58:39

Indigestion?

Utini Wed 23-Dec-15 14:49:28

Could be precordial catch syndrome. I used to get this a lot when I was younger, and still do occasionally now.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome

tallulahturtle Thu 24-Dec-15 07:32:47

I did feel something sort of pop when i breathed in deeply, was so strange. At least if it happens again i know im not having a heart attack.

ButtonMoon88 Thu 24-Dec-15 07:47:18

Stress?
I often feel like I have a tight chest this time of year, just finished work and I am faced with the whole family coming over for DD's first Christmas!

Gatekeeper Thu 24-Dec-15 07:50:50

I second the precordial catch thing; I have had this since a kid and I am 52 now. Agony while it lasts and you feel you can only take very shallow breaths until it goes

BitOutOfPractice Thu 24-Dec-15 14:23:27

I was rushed to hospital with chest pains this year. It was stress. I was convinced I was dying blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now