Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pcos treatment after blood tests

(6 Posts)
AhhhhABaby Mon 21-Dec-15 00:03:48

So called go surgery on Friday for blood results and she said they show what they were after. I do have pcos. All other tests (hormone/insulin) are satisfactory. What treatement should I expect? Can't talk to doctor till Wednesday shock

AhhhhABaby Mon 21-Dec-15 19:31:06

Anyone?

eurochick Mon 21-Dec-15 19:31:51

Probably the Pill. You can self help by eating a lie GI diet.

eurochick Mon 21-Dec-15 19:32:06

Low not lie.

AhhhhABaby Mon 21-Dec-15 22:08:40

Due to having Hemiplegic migraine I was adviced I wouldn't be able to have the combined pill. Not sure why I was just told as the time when I was told what medication to avoid I also couldn't use the combined pill.

I did think of the pill had I not had the migraines though!

Thanks eurochick flowers xx

SockQueen Wed 23-Dec-15 22:42:26

Depends what you're wanting treatment for. PCOS on its own doesn't necessarily need any treatment unless some of its features are affecting your life. If your periods are very irregular then the pill can help to regulate them, but if you can't use the combined pill the other options aren't quite so satisfactory from a regulating point of view. If you have hirsutism or acne then those can be treated. If you are TTC and it's affecting your fertility then the fertility clinic and Clomid or metformin may help.

You need checks for diabetes, as you are at a higher risk, and should try to keep your weight within normal range (easier said than done IME!) but there's no real "treatment" for it, all the options are just treating the effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now