Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this an abscess? pic included

(12 Posts)
Lovelilies2 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:13:28

Embarrassing lump on vulva. Have googled but doesn't seem to fit typical batholin's cyst as its right on the outside.
It's been there a couple of weeks, small hard lump under the skin but over last day or two become tender.
I'm also 14 weeks pregnant.
Any advice welcome.. Do I leave it alone or go to GP? And if I do go, what will they do?
Thanks blush

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 20-Dec-15 21:14:35

Ingrowing hair..?

Lovelilies2 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:23:14

I don't knowconfused
Just leave it then?

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 20-Dec-15 21:25:16

I went to the Dr with a lump in my groin, thinking I was dying of tumours on my lymph nodes.. And it was an inflowing hair.

Maybe still worth getting it looked at.

Tanfastic Sun 20-Dec-15 21:59:23

I've had something like this. I wasn't sure what it was but I squeezed it, it bled and then over the course of a few days went down until it completely disappeared.

Marshy Sun 20-Dec-15 22:00:23

GP. Antibiotics will probably sort it out.

Lovelilies2 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:02:17

It REALLY hurts if I squeeze it.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 20-Dec-15 22:03:47

I reckon it's an ingrowing hair. Put some magnesium sulphate on it asap, give it 24 hours then squeeze

Themodernuriahheep Sun 20-Dec-15 22:04:53

Might be ordinary cyst.get it looked at.

Hormonal1 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:49:09

Looks like an I growing hair which has caused a cyst. I get a recurring one. See your GP and they can help get it sorted.

Lovelilies2 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:59:43

Went to docs and been given flucloxacillin she thought it's an infected cyst. Agreed to hold off for a few days to see if it gets better by itself.
Thanks for your input smile

Lovelilies2 Mon 21-Dec-15 20:01:27

And she said DO NOT SQUEEZE because although some stuff may come out, half will get pushed further in and lead to more problems confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now