Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can tests ever be wrong?

(5 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Fri 18-Dec-15 20:31:54

Had symptoms, googled, went to doctor. He thought I had X, gave me the relevant antibiotics and I took the whole course. Before I had finished the course the results were in, no infection, nothing wrong at all.

Symptoms still continue. Advice doesn't make a difference.

Could the test assesser be wrong but why did the antibiotics not clear it up?

And what do I do now?

CwtchMeQuick Fri 18-Dec-15 20:40:09

It's hard to say because your post is quite vague.
But I'd say you didn't have whatever it was the doctor suspected and tested for, which is why antibiotics didn't clear up the symptoms. If you're still having symptoms you should return to your gp

Goingtobeawesome Fri 18-Dec-15 20:46:38

They were vague as I'm blush but tbh I don't know of any other illness with these symptoms. I'll just have to brave the GP again. Thanks.

CwtchMeQuick Fri 18-Dec-15 21:09:19

Ah sorry..
If you posted your symptoms you might get other people who've had similar but I understand you don't want to if its embarrassing.
I suspect your gp will need to test you for different things.
Hope whatever it is clears up soon!

Goingtobeawesome Sat 19-Dec-15 14:08:05

I'm a bit embarrassed to post due to the circumstances. Maybe I'll be braver later. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now