Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

horrible pain

(4 Posts)
sammyjayneex Thu 17-Dec-15 10:33:35

So I've had a cold with a cough the past week and I think it's turned to a sinus infection I have really bad pain in my forehead like a throbbing pain and when I stand up it intensifies or when I bend down. Every time I cough my head hurts bad. Could have I damaged something inside my head through All the coughing and that's why I'm in pain. I can't cope anymore with this pain and I'm pregnant so in limited in what I can take. I'm trying not to cough doesn't hurt. Ok worried I've damaged something inside my head

29PaddingtonSt Thu 17-Dec-15 10:38:28

You haven't damaged anything it just sounds like sinusitis poor thing. Steam inhalation and nasal rinses will help. If your snot is dark yellow, green or orange make an apt with your GP. If it's an infection there will be antibiotics which are safe to have in pregnancy.

iwillbemrsminty Thu 17-Dec-15 11:52:06

Get your head under a towel over a bowl of hot water with menthol & eucalyptus. That will sort you out and clear your tubes out. As Paddington says, anything dark yellow, green or orange indicates infection and may require treating with antibiotics. Get well soon flowers

TPel Thu 17-Dec-15 11:54:01

Steam as said by pp is the best with nurofen cold and flu. It is the only OTC product that touches sinus pain for me.

And rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now