Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had a cold for 5 weeks

(5 Posts)
purplehazed Wed 16-Dec-15 23:52:38

Or could it be sinusitis? I'm just sick of this constant streaming nose, blocked nostrils, and having to breathe through my mouth. It's like it's never going to go. I don't really know what sinusitis is, could it be that, and how do I get rid? Anyone had similar?

Wolpertinger Thu 17-Dec-15 09:09:56

Have you been to see your GP?

Step 1: get a proper diagnosis.

purplehazed Thu 17-Dec-15 10:58:33

I'm going soon but can't get in till next week.

Onsera3 Thu 17-Dec-15 11:12:53

This happened to me this Autumn. After three weeks I couldn't stand it and could barely sleep with sinus pain from lying down. I couldn't get a proper appointment but mine do phone ones. They were happy to leave a script for antibiotics for me to pick up. I'm not sure if that was because I'd been seen for sinus infections previous years so they accepted my self diagnosis or were happy to based on symptoms I described.

Felt like a new woman after 24 hrs so confirmed it had turned into something bacterial.

Chocqueen99 Mon 04-Jan-16 01:51:49

Was it sinusitis in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now