Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thrush that isn't thrush...

(8 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Tue 15-Dec-15 16:17:19

Any experiences? It started when on antibiotics, used OTC treatment
Typical symptoms of it (TMI) looks like bits of tissue stuck to me, red, itchy, sore etc
Swabs have come back clear confused
No thrush, no BV, nothing

LittleLionHeart Tue 15-Dec-15 20:53:31

I had this and it was dermatitis. Steroid cream helped. It felt just like thrush.

buckingfrolicks Tue 15-Dec-15 23:18:19

How old are you? This started with me as a (nother) menopause symptom and it was related to the decline in hormones, I now use Replens every few days and it is blissfully effective.

hollinhurst84 Tue 15-Dec-15 23:37:08

31 grin
Tests at the GUM clinic are all negative
The only thing that changed was the antibiotics that seemed to start it
I am neutropenic but white cell count now the highest it's been as am on treatment now
GUM have suggested double base to wash with, and coming back to the clinic after Christmas (period just started so hoping that might help)

GothicRainbow Tue 15-Dec-15 23:41:32

I had something similar for a while, wasn't thrush, wasn't BV etc. I think mine was hormone related in the end as getting pregnant with DC1 seemed to clear it right up!

hollinhurst84 Tue 15-Dec-15 23:50:10

Marvellous. So my options are menopause or get pregnant gringringrin

sadie9 Wed 16-Dec-15 00:12:54

Yes I get this. Got betnovate ointment from doc like other poster said. A tiny smear of it and itching goes away. Had that flaky skin peeling off too like you describe.

hollinhurst84 Wed 16-Dec-15 00:23:20

Ahh the canesten cream they've given me is a steroid one so will crack on using that
Doctor commented when he had a look that the discharge seemed to be thrush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now