Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood test results?

(4 Posts)
Monkeyinshoes Mon 14-Dec-15 14:49:33

Just phoned my doctors surgery for blood test results.

The receptionist didn't tell me the results over the phone. Just said she had them, they hadn't been actioned and she then yet arranged for the doctor to call me back tomorrow morning.

If the results had come back and were normal, do you think she would she would be able to see that and have said nothing further was needed?

I'm wondering if the fact she's getting the doctor to call me back means there's an issue with the results. It doesn't worry me if there is, it would be a bit of a relief actually as it'd explain a few things.

Sidge Mon 14-Dec-15 15:14:24

All it means is they have been received (probably electronically as most come through straight onto the system from the hospital) but not yet seen by the doctor.

All results have to be viewed and actioned by a doctor - the receptionist can't tell you the results until the GP has annotated them with his or her comments such as "normal", "make appointment with dr/nurse" etc.

Monkeyinshoes Mon 14-Dec-15 16:45:39

Yeah I thought that's what happens. Just seemed odd she's put me down for a phone call and not said they'll look and then call if a problem. I'm probably reading too much into it. I'll just have to see what happens tomorrow.

Chocqueen99 Thu 17-Dec-15 21:42:52

Did you find your results out? Hope it was nothing to worry about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now