Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling fluey for a few (3) weeks? Lots going around?

(8 Posts)
ShortandSweeter Mon 14-Dec-15 11:40:42

Anyone aware of lingering flu/cold like viruses around at the minute lasting a particularly long time?

ApologiesToInsectLife Mon 14-Dec-15 11:55:15

I think there always is at this time of year. Dh has has a cold since October basically.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 14-Dec-15 12:21:54

I started feeling run down about 6 weeks ago and then started to get flu symptoms (sore throat, fever, aching, fatigue etc) 3 weeks ago and am still ill (throat is better but still sore and fatigued). Never had anything like it, very unpleasant. Hope you feel better soon OP.

Clarella Mon 14-Dec-15 13:33:13

Yes very bad chest infection that needed antibiotics and felt very delirious.

Ds has had back to back bugs for 2+ months.

Several colleagues have been off with bad chest infections at work.

I feel it's been particularly bad the last couple of years; I've certainly never had so many very bad illnesses and I'm a teacher! Including scarlet fever'

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 14-Dec-15 13:40:58

I haven't felt right (very tired. achy and rundown) for about 5 ,weeks.

ShortandSweeter Mon 14-Dec-15 15:33:14

thanks all!

beautifulgirls Mon 14-Dec-15 20:15:03

There is a lot around yes, but please just check if you have a carbon monoxide detector that the batteries are fresh enough and it is still working. It is very unlikely you have a carbon monoxide issue but it can cause flu like symptoms.

ShortandSweeter Tue 15-Dec-15 10:50:46

thanks Beautifulgirls. Will do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now