Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hand Foot and Mouth in Adults

(9 Posts)
AlwaysandForever09 Fri 11-Dec-15 22:06:15

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has had hand foot and mouth as an adult? Just found out today I've got it, been unwell since Monday-headache, hot and cold feelings and the shakes, then the throat appeared which is now very very painful all around my mouth I've not been able to eat sad came out in spots on my hands and face which the dr thought was a reaction to my cleaning as spots appeared not long after cleaning the bathroom Wednesday! But now they have appeared on my feet too, and on the face is worse sad never felt so unwell like this before it is horrible! Can anyone tell me how much more suffering I have to put up with!? I'm starving but eating anything agitates my throat and feels like it's cutting it sad big ulcer has now appeared on my bottom gums too!

wanderingwondering Fri 11-Dec-15 22:11:37

Poor you sad I had it a few years ago and it was awful-so painful and I also couldn't eat anything and was v miserable!
But I reckon the good news is that if you've been unwell since Monday you should be much better by the end of the weekend.

Greengrass1982 Sat 12-Dec-15 21:33:13

I had this a few years ago made me feel dreadful like the flu. Ended up knocking back pain killers couldn't get out of bed and had a baby at the time ...

Greengrass1982 Sat 12-Dec-15 21:34:18

I think hand foot and mouth is doing the round again know so many people who have had it recently my son being one of them

Cliffdiver Sat 12-Dec-15 21:35:14

I had HFM when pregnant with DD1 and then caught it off her a couple of weeks ago hmm

Adult bonjela, comfy socks, take rings off are my top tips.

ouryve Sat 12-Dec-15 21:44:29

I caught it when it went round the boys' school. Had a mouthful of ulcers - really sore. Thankfully no other symptoms.

Worse than the pain in my mouth, was the fact that I was constantly drooling. I just couldn't control it blush

Groovee Sat 12-Dec-15 21:50:30

I caught it when I was working in a private nursery. It really really hurt.

bonzo77 Sat 12-Dec-15 22:11:29

My dad caught it from one of my DSs. Admittedly he always gets everything in its most nasty form and is a total twat about it. He was so ill that there was talk of a hospital admission if he couldn't get more fluids into him.

Eva50 Sun 13-Dec-15 08:37:08

Ds1 (20) had it a couple of years ago. Fortunately not too badly as he is a big woose very sensitive. I had to drive him everywhere for a couple of weeks as he couldn't walk. It didn't affect his appetite! I'm certain he also had it as a small child so may have been milder the second time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now