Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any idea what might be wrong????

(5 Posts)
myweebleswobble Thu 10-Dec-15 12:48:31

I have been feeling poorly,not myself for nearly 2 years,Dr isn't much help. I am a wits end,just want to feel normal again.
My symptoms are very poor wound healing,recurrent infections,extreme tiredness,muscle weakness,bruise very easily,skin is like paper and is very thin,irregular periods and weight gain particularly around stomach.There's probably more! But anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

LittleCandle Thu 10-Dec-15 12:52:11

Could be your thyroid. Always worth getting it checked out.

Pleasemrstweedie Thu 10-Dec-15 13:23:39

Have you had any tests done?

myweebleswobble Thu 10-Dec-15 14:04:47

I have had a few blood tests,one test came back suggesting I might have an underactive thyroid so Dr ordered a repeat blood test,which he said came back borderline,so he said first one was probably a fluke and nothing came of it.

Those bloods tests also came back with raised liver enzymes and high white blood count.He then ordered blood tests to test the Wbc and liver enzymes they were raised over a 3 month period,but stayed at the raised level.
As they didn't continue to rise much,he stopped testing,because he said they would probably just return room normal.

Pleasemrstweedie Thu 10-Dec-15 14:50:01

Having a borderline underactive thyroid is often like being a little bit pregnant, and raised liver enzymes are actually a physical sign of an underactive thyroid. It would be worth your getting a copy of your results, with the reference ranges, for both thyroid tests, and putting them on here. There are a number of people with expertise in thyroid matters who can decode them for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now