Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swollen painful lymph nodes - reassurance please.

(10 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Wed 09-Dec-15 21:59:47

Either side of my jaw has a hard lump, the size of a cherry stone, one I'd sore the other isn't but is still hard and bigger than normal, a few people have commented that my cheeks look swollen.
I've no symptoms other than a mild sore throat a few days ago.
There are bugs in the house though, my daughter is recovering from tonsillitis and my son has a bad cough/cold.

Now obviously I've been on google and diagnosed myself with cancer. blush has anyone has these lumps and it's been fine? I have anxiety issues and although I'll obviously go the gp if it doesn't go away soon I'm scared now!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 09-Dec-15 22:04:46

Have you had mumps before?

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 09-Dec-15 22:06:11

No but I thought the mmr jab was for that and I had that as a child.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 09-Dec-15 22:06:13

It could be that or probably just glands swelling in response to your sore throat. Is normal and they can take a wee while to subside

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 09-Dec-15 22:06:36

Yes less likely to be mumps if you had that

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 09-Dec-15 22:26:30

Well I assume I had it, I know I'm immune to rubella because I was checked when pregnant after coming into contact with it.
1987 I was born was the vaccine around then?
I suppose a GP appointment is in order if they don't go down in a few days/weeks?

I've got a huge grape like perma hard lump in my armpit that the dr said was a lymph node or a cyst that had swollen but she was happy that it was 'safe' and would remain that way even though it's likely to be there forever.

I must sound lovely all these lumps and bumps I describe confused

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:00:14

I'm not sure if you had the vaccine. U didn't but I am 15 years older.

I think it could still be mumps if you had it but it's a tiny chance. I thought about mumps as there was a notice up in nurses office when I was there recently saying mumps was having a resurgence.

Could just be the sore throat though. I think they will go down in a few days

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:01:17

That was meant to say "I didn't" not U

Titsalinabumsquash Thu 10-Dec-15 16:05:39

Just to update (because I hate when people don't!) I woken up this morning with gooey eyes, GP says it's common with infective conjunctivitis to get swollen lymph nodes before the eyes go sticky. What fun! hmm

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 10-Dec-15 22:31:32

Oh no, hope that clears soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now