Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

chest infection question

(5 Posts)
Clarella Wed 09-Dec-15 08:37:28

I had a very bad infection two years ago and I spotted the cracklings signs again this time and went to the GP, despite only being ill for 2 weeks.

He agreed and gave antibiotics (he was surprised as well!)

He explained it was a small patch of pneumonia, which I know is just an infection.

I've been very very woozy with it. It's nearly been 3 days on antibiotics now and I still have the crackling wheezing deep down in my lungs. But no temp at the mo.

How long should I leave it before going back? The phlem doesn't seem any clearer. Feeling a bit stressed about work.

tshirtsuntan Wed 09-Dec-15 11:58:08

I have just returned from the gp and have been signed off work sick for a week, just started antibiotics now (chest infection) could do without it right now but I suppose it is what it is, horrible isn't it? You have my (crackly/wheezy) sympathy!

Clarella Wed 09-Dec-15 12:15:00

Oh sympathies! I just feel so very unwell!

Not good timing; ds is three tomorrow, Xmas plus visitors at weekend.

I'm just unsure how long to leave the boggy marsh in my lungs before going back?

I've made an ap for next Monday; at the least if chest is clear then but still feel bad I can discuss a sick note.

SpendSpendSpend Wed 09-Dec-15 12:19:19

Your chest can still crackle for a week after finishing the antibiotics. You will still be coughing for a week after finishing them too

Clarella Wed 09-Dec-15 13:24:38

Thanks spendspend that's what I wanted to know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now