Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bruised spleen/kidney?

(1 Post)
AnonymousBird Tue 08-Dec-15 10:19:58

I fell down the stairs ten days ago, landed hard on a wooden step on my back/left hand side around the base of my ribs. General external bruising etc and soreness now well recovered but I am left with a sore "internal" feeling - not muscular, and it kind of emanates around from just above hip at the back/bottom of ribs around to almost feel like a burning sensation near where I imagine my ovaries and bladder are.... It's not constant, but it is there. Abdomen generally tender/hard, more than normal.

I've just looked at a diagram of the human organs (biology not my strong point!) and see that there is a spleen in the approximate area, but that seems to be more at the front of the body than the back/side and maybe a bit high and the kidney may be in the right location for the discomfort I am feeling.

Anyone with a bit of knowledge here who can advise, and is this the kind of thing I should get checked out? I otherwise feel well and have not noticed any changes in bodily functions/appetite etc.

TIA

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: