Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is this little lump on jaw line?

(6 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Mon 07-Dec-15 22:15:41

I'm a bit run down at the mo, got a head cold and generally feeling a bit crap. Don't know if that's relevant but thought I'd mention it.

My right hand jaw bone is a tiny bit sore. If I run my finger along it from ear towards my chin, about a third of the way along I can feel a little bump (about the size of a small pea) which moves back and forth as I run my finger over it. It's sore like a bruise.

Anyone know what this might be?

PhilPhilConnors Mon 07-Dec-15 22:19:43

A gland?

Clobbered Mon 07-Dec-15 22:20:20

Sounds like a swollen lymph node. Keep an eye on it for a few weeks - it will probably disappear as your cold gets better, but get your GP to look at it if it doesn't go away.

Sleepyfergus Mon 07-Dec-15 22:26:57

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

sofiahelin Mon 07-Dec-15 22:28:06

I get those every time I get a cold or whatever. Never been to the GP about it, let me know what they say if you do!

Sleepyfergus Mon 07-Dec-15 22:38:41

Will do! A quick Google seems to confirm its a gland and common during colds etc. I didn't know small ones existed there before. I often get swollen glands in the neck but not to my memory on the jawline.

I was worried it was the start of some horrid tooth abscess so rather relived that's it s probably harmless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now