Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what's up with me?

(2 Posts)
differentkindofpenguin Sun 06-Dec-15 20:07:23

Hi all, I know the real answer is " go see your GP", but I have been and she wasn't worried, and I feel too stupid to go back. Wise mumsnetters, please diagnose me!

I have lost my appetite. Can't even look at food, been living off 500-1000 calories a day, and seems to be getting worse. Lost almost a stone in 10 weeks or so. ( from 9st10lb to 8st 10lb) Feel full and bloated after a bite or two, mild nausea but no vomiting, no pain, no bowel changes. Bloods all fine ( FBC, U&Es, LFTs, TFTs) however they were done before the weight loss. I started on fluoxetine recently and I know it can affect appetite but it's now been 10-12 weeks, surely it should get better by now?

I have also had 2 episodes of very minor bleeding between periods, and do get night sweats.

GP wants to test for IBS, h pylori and scan my gallbladder ( tender spot under my ribs when she palpated). She said my cervix and ovaries seem fine. It's not depression/ stress related, as I'm in a really good place now, and tend to overeat when I'm stressed.

Am I worrying about nothing? Should I wait it out? I am trying to eat little and often, and have carbs and full fat things, but just CAN'T force myself, I seem to eat less every day. I feel so weak and dizzy now, it's starting to affect my life.

Wellthatsit Mon 07-Dec-15 08:01:03

Definitely go back to your GP. It doesn't really matter what the cause is, there is a more immediate problem, which is lack of nutrition and weight loss. Obviously, you also need to get to the bottom of the cause, too, but that may take time. This is not normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now