Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

periods

(4 Posts)
PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 06-Dec-15 14:12:39

This is more a rant than anything....
My periods are every 3 weeks, and they are currently lasting ONE WEEK so i have periods for 1/3rd of my life

MotiSen Sun 06-Dec-15 18:23:00

I had that, too - except lasting a "mere" 5 days. So unfair. Birth control pills can put you on the 4 week/5 days cycle- but not everyone wants to take them. I've also read you can take them in such a manner that you never have periods. Would speak to doctor about it. Anyhow, I am menopausal and have periods about twice a year now - and it is such a wonderful relief!
Also, I had DS pretty easily when I was 42, and I've wondered if having 3 week cycles helped make that possible. Like ... do we have more eggs?

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 06-Dec-15 20:50:41

Not more eggs but an extra cycle every 12 weeks, so 4 extra cycles a year, must improve the odds

PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 21-Dec-15 23:09:59

I think it has finished so 3.5 weeks, went to the docs she did an internal exam and poked my tummy, found nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now