Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I can't lift my right leg...has anybody else experienced this?

(11 Posts)
toadflax Sat 05-Dec-15 13:50:27

It has been getting steadily worse over the last week. I am seeing my GP in a few days anyway. Due to see a neurologist in the new year. It's just really weird and I feel like I am in a surreal limbo.

kaylasmum Sat 05-Dec-15 13:55:37

I just came on here to search "weakness in right leg" and your post is right at the top.

Have you seen your gp about the problem? Do you have any other symptoms?

toadflax Sat 05-Dec-15 13:58:44

This is a relatively new symptom. I am also getting tremors in my right leg and sometimes arm. (plus fatigue, painful joints, problems with memory and concentration...)

ggirl Sat 05-Dec-15 13:59:19

do u have any other issues going on ?? back problems ?? constipation

toadflax Sat 05-Dec-15 14:05:38

I have IBS so constipation comes and goes.
Some tenderness in back but I think this may be being caused by my new and strange way of "walking" hmm
I am torn between trying to find it quite amusing, my leg suddenly behaving like some unbiddable child, and being quite bothered by it, and the fact that I don't know if I should be seen somewhere sooner than Thursday. (nhs symptom checker is unhelpful)

Spidertracker Sat 05-Dec-15 14:13:17

Is it actual weakness as in 'I can't physically lift my leg' or perceived weakness 'I can lift my leg but it is so difficult/painful I feel like I can't'.
I think that makes a difference, so I remember when my grandmothers saw a neurologist.

toadflax Sat 05-Dec-15 14:15:38

It's like I have forgotten how to do it. My left leg still listens, but my right just sits there or has to be dragged. I can sort of move it sideways.

FannyFifer Sat 05-Dec-15 14:19:57

Can you go to A & E, this seems a new symptom, there are numerous things that this can be & you really should get looked at quickly.

OddBoots Sat 05-Dec-15 14:21:52

Have you had the usual blood tests for B vitamins and the like?

I have this but I have a rare spinal cord problem (it is tethered) but other back problems such as bulging discs can do this.

If you get numbness in your saddle area then it becomes more urgent.

Spidertracker Sat 05-Dec-15 14:22:55

I think I would at least phone and speak to 111, I don't think it's an A and E job, but I would want to speak to someone.

toadflax Sat 05-Dec-15 14:34:04

Thank you everybody. I have had quite a lot of blood tests. I think I will see what 111 have to say first (not disregarding your advice Fannyfifer, just got to sort kids and dog anyway first)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now