Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is anyone with disordered eating dreading Christmas?

(3 Posts)
Eatinggonewrong Fri 04-Dec-15 15:11:12

Is anyone else worried about getting through Christmas? I don't know how I'm going to get through it. For a few months now, I have been dieting. I've lost about 2 stone and everyone has noticed, which has been great. I went from 10.5 to just under 8.5 stone so not hugely underweight, but enough to see it on my face (I'm about 5' 6). One or two friends has expressed concern, but I am undergoing a hugely stressful time at work.

The problem is that I'm scared of putting all the weight back on. For some time, I've been throwing up after meals. I try not to eat anything all day and just to have something in the evening, but occasionally I have not been able to avoid food. It happens about two or three times a week, but normally I am pretty good and can go without food until dinner time.

However, I'm overwhelmed by Christmas food and am scared about being at home in the holidays. It will mess up my routine and I'm terrified. I won't be able to have time to throw up if it does get out of control, and I am scared to be surrounded by so much food.

Please hold my hand sad I am in a mess.

Marshy Fri 04-Dec-15 18:45:10

Op you sound like you need some help. Maybe go and have a talk with your Gp? I know getting through Christmas is your major concern but this issue will still be there when Christmas is over. Use this as a catalyst to do something good for yourself......see your gp

specialsubject Sat 05-Dec-15 17:49:55

please please ask for help from your GP to start.

it's not your fault - you are ill and that is never anyone's fault. But this disease is a rapid downhill slope, please forget tat-mas and start the process of getting help.

the very best to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now