Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any ideas

(4 Posts)
Cheesecrumpets01 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:51:50

Have been bloated for 4 days

Feels like I have loose stools but are trapped.

I feel constipated but what is in there is watery. However long I sit on the toilet nothing comes out.

I can feel the wind moving round but cannot get it out (sorry tmi)

There is a dull ache at the top of my tummy between ribs but isn't getting any worse and also bottom right when I press is a sharp pain but not painful unless pushed.

Lost my appetite, feel slightly sick but on and off and anything I try eat and drink feels like just sits between the top of my tummy and my belly button.

Any ideas what is could be. I thought trapped wind wouldn't last 4 days.

PhilPhilConnors Fri 04-Dec-15 09:53:36

Constipated and the watery stuff is whatever can make it past?
Could you ring your gp and ask over the phone?

Cheesecrumpets01 Fri 04-Dec-15 10:20:42

yeah could do but didn't want to sound daft if it's something so simple.
For the last 2 days I have been drinking plenty, eating lots of fruit and veg and lots of fresh juice but it just seems to make me worse, more bloated and full up, it hasn't actually made me go at all.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sat 05-Dec-15 20:26:02

Yes, it could be "overflow diarrhoea", as a result of severe constipation, there's a bit of an explanation here.

I've not had it myself so no idea what the best course of action would be, perhaps a gentle laxative/softener?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now