Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cordless heat belt / pad for angina - any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 03-Dec-15 15:40:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Thu 03-Dec-15 21:02:49

I now have two of these Beurer HK 72 Akku belts. It has wires like in an electric blanket. I bought it for exactly the same reason, as I was clutching a hot water bottle to my lower back.

In the interest of science I have just tried it on my chest. It is a bit tricky with my bust, but I think it would work!

I bought it for bowel problems, it seems to help with cramps. I'm having a bad patch at the moment and I am wearing it pretty much 24/7.

The battery pack is in a little pocket on the right hand side, and so I can only sleep on my left at night, and it sometimes digs in a bit when I bend over. But generally it is very comfortable.

The battery lasts about four hours. When I started using it more frequently I ordered a spare battery from the Beurer customer services, so I can have one in use and one charging. And then more recently I bought a second belt.

Sorry, this post has got rather long! smile

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Fri 04-Dec-15 15:02:35

ChestyNut Fri 04-Dec-15 19:00:31

Is your DF on medication for his angina?

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sat 05-Dec-15 11:49:02

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sat 05-Dec-15 15:37:58

Mermaid yes, I reckon it gets as hot as a hot water bottle. It has four levels, I usually use it on 1 or 2. On 4 it is too hot for me.

I hope it helps your dad, that sounds horrible sad

I don't know if it matters, but I was wrong in my previous post, the battery would be on the left if wearing it on his chest.

ChestyNut Sat 05-Dec-15 18:07:54

Are his doctors aware he's not getting relief from the meds? Poor thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now