Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical Smear.

(8 Posts)
treacletoffee23 Thu 03-Dec-15 12:41:05

I am at my wits end. My daughter went for her first smear test last week to find she has high grade dykastaris. Coloscopy on Monday 7 December. I am so frightened for her.She is 25

LineyReborn Thu 03-Dec-15 17:42:24

Hi treacle. I didn't want to leave this unanswered so did a quick Google and apparently there's only a tiny chance, like 1%, that this could be cancerous. It's possibly linked to the HPV virus which the colposcopy will help to find out, and there's effective treatment.

So really, try to keep calm.

Hopefully someone else who knows more than I do will come along, and will answer you too.

Footle Thu 03-Dec-15 22:22:13

That's what I thought too, judging from several friends' experiences. Hope someone comes along who can give you more definite info, OP M

Pheobe1 Sun 06-Dec-15 18:15:42

As LineyReborn said it is extremely unlikely that your DD will actually have cancer.

Try and stay calm but in the unlikely event it is bad news I am nearly two years free of CC and if I would be happy to talk to you.

Good luck for tomorrow.

LineyReborn Sun 06-Dec-15 19:47:58

Yes, best of luck and good wishes to you both.

treacletoffee23 Sun 06-Dec-15 19:48:15

Pheobe.Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply l was starting to think it had happened to no one else. I am so glad that you are CC free and thanks for the offer of someone to talk to.I am still on autopilot and hoping for a good outcome tomorrow x

LordEmsworth Sun 06-Dec-15 19:55:01

There are loads of threads on here from women with this diagnosis... possibly because 1 in 10 women will have one during their lifetime.

If it were cancer - she wouldn't be waiting for a colposcopy, they'd have got her in right away. Cell changes can take over 10 years to develop into cancer, so it is actually great news that she has the diagnosis now - much easier to treat earlier rather than later.

I had this about 3 years ago - it was horrible but had the treatment and had a clear test a few months ago.

Very, very helpful website

treacletoffee23 Sun 06-Dec-15 22:49:39

Hi Lord Emsworth. I did post on an existing thread but it said it had become a zombie thread? Glad to hear you are well now. Thankyou for replying. Im new to posting although l did join ages ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now