Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My step daughter keeps touching herself

(6 Posts)
Mamma1993 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:29:03

Okay I've looked all this up and I know it's normal for her to do it but it's where & when that's the problem

Me and her dad have spoken to her about it and let her know there's nothing wrong but it's a privet thing and if she feels like she has to then she should go to her room or the bathroom but she's still doing it in other places she's got her own room but occasionally sleeps In her younger brothers room in the other bunk bed and even though we have said you can't do it in there because he won't understand and you only do it in they places we've said are okay she still does it!! and when she's at her grans she does it even when she's just sat on the couch or she will sit on the arm of it and rub her self on that. no matter how many times we remind her that it's privet and when she gets caught by gran she says it's because it's itchy but when I ask her she says it's just because she likes the feeling ( I think she's just embarrassed to tell her gran ) she will also stay up for ages at night doing it even though we tell her it's bedtime and she needs to stop and go to sleep and it's been happening for a while now because we thought maby she would grow out of it but it's becoming more often.

We're taking her to the doctor just to get the itch checked out just incase it's thrush or something

But what I'm asking is there any other way to talk to her about it were worried incase she does it in school or if she goes and stays somewhere because she's just not understanding us when we tell her it's privet :/

BlueBananas Wed 02-Dec-15 22:30:29

How old is she?

coffeeisnectar Wed 02-Dec-15 22:32:52

I'd like to know her age too. And does she have any other health issues? Anything she takes meds for that may cause itching?

Mamma1993 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:40:00

She's 7 and no medical conditions

AimUnder Sat 05-Dec-15 20:08:37

I don't understand - how do they know at that age that rubbing in those region is pleasurable?

AtiaoftheJulii Sat 05-Dec-15 20:13:37

Er, because they do it once by accident and realise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now