Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Slippers for plantar fasciitis?

(15 Posts)
SpanielFace Wed 02-Dec-15 21:46:35

My DM has plantar fasciitis, and is struggling with foot pain at the moment. I was thinking of getting her some slippers for christmas - does anyone have any suggestions for a pair that would help? Thank you.

JeffreysMummyIsCross Wed 02-Dec-15 21:50:31

Don't know about slippers but I wear Birkenstocks at home, which definitely help with PF. Not very warm, cozy or stylish, but needs must . . .

PoshPenny Thu 03-Dec-15 23:07:35

I found wearing fit flops very helpful for relieving the pain when I had PF

fusspot66 Thu 03-Dec-15 23:13:50

Crocs?

tharsheblows Thu 03-Dec-15 23:38:15

I wear fit flops too and use these as indoor slippers. m.fitflop.co.uk/en/sale/sale-new-in/fitflop-mukluk-moc-2-in-shearling-%7C-official-fitflop-store/883945625695.html

They help keep the plantar fasciitis at bay and are nice and warm! I love them and replace them when they get too stinky worn out.

GinThief Thu 03-Dec-15 23:41:05

I'm wearing crocs around the house oh so sexy as they are very comfy (I do have plantar fascitis, not just wearing crocs for fun)

ouryve Thu 03-Dec-15 23:43:34

I wear crocs around the house - soft enough but with a little arch support.

AnotherEmma Thu 03-Dec-15 23:55:15

I'm prone to plantar fasciitis and I wear Haflinger slippers which are very comfy. The style I have is Everest which look good too (IMHO). Love them!

pashmina696 Fri 04-Dec-15 21:14:06

m.fitflop.co.uk/en/christmas/gifts-for-her/womens-the-cuddler-supernavy/883945392375.html?cgid=gifts-for-her&start=1

fit flops for sure - they do slippers!

specialsubject Sat 05-Dec-15 17:47:39

how about a pair of trainers that don't have laces, just an elastic top, or perhaps a trip to Hotter for their velcro fastening stuff.

not of course that she doesn't know how to tie laces but they can be a pain for those not as flexible as they were or with stiffer fingers.

crossroadsinmylife Sun 06-Dec-15 17:14:07

You are absolutely not supposed to wear slippers with pf. It's the biggest no no both my podiatrists have said (one nhs and one private).

crossroadsinmylife Sun 06-Dec-15 17:15:01

Laced shoes with a slight heal or properly fitted trainers with gait analysis. Insoles can help too.

SecretSquirr3ls Mon 07-Dec-15 15:00:40

I've suffered on and off for years. The very worst thing for PF is something loose that flips. So no flip flops, crocs, mules etc. I wear fairly tight lace ups all the time indoors and out. Indoors I have lightweight trainers or plimsols. I also wear sports socks which are thickly padded under the heel.

OneofTHOSEWomen Mon 07-Dec-15 15:06:33

Crocs with thick socks to prevent flapping and movement. Stretching excersizes when sitting down to prevent that horrible stiff foot feeling when getting up again.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 07-Dec-15 15:09:30

Marks and Spencer do a range of slippers called Secret Support which had some additional arch support, I've found them enough for the level of PF that I experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now