Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Slightly swollen - below right ribs

(5 Posts)
AnnieNoMouse Wed 02-Dec-15 10:59:23

Had symptoms in recent weeks that I put down to sluggish digestive system - have made extra effort with diet/fibre that seemed to help. Included a sensation of bloating on right side abdomen.
2 nights ago I could feel pain on R side beneath ribs, which eased off as u fell asleep, but still have a feeling of "something" being there. Then this morning as I dressed I happenedto notice a slight swelling on R side, definitely there compared to L side.
I phoned GP for appointment and have one next Thursday, but should I ask for an urgent one?
I know that Q is really for me to decide, but I'm at work and have no-one in RL to talk to!
Hand-holding or pull-yourself-togethers equally appreciated grin

TheHouseOnTheLane Wed 02-Dec-15 11:49:32

The most common reason is injury....but there could also be something like a problem with your gallbladder or simply a muscle has been damaged. You're right to check it out of course but don't worry too much...I know it's hard...but if you're otherwise well, then it will be something treatable I'm sure.

AnnieNoMouse Wed 02-Dec-15 19:42:27

Thank you House - I'm going to go next week and not bring it forward - in the meantime I'll make a note of daily symptoms.

amarmai Thu 03-Dec-15 15:52:08

sounds like my gallbladder. If dr wants you to get an op, ask for appointment with a dietician and get info re post op probs. I did all of this and if i'm careful re dietary triggers, i prefer to live with it.

AnnieNoMouse Fri 04-Dec-15 16:55:28

Thankyou Amarmai interesting about diet, and makes sense of course

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now