Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

have we got fleas?

(4 Posts)
Madelinehatter Wed 02-Dec-15 08:38:31

Once in a while, say about once a month, I get a couple of what look like bites. They are itchy spots. I have 3 in a cluster on my chest and one on my thigh. My DS had one on his back last week.

WTF are they? They are defo bites. We have no pets and I am a clean person. I have washed bedding at high temp. I have checked the beds and can see no sight of bed bugs or fleas.

I could just ignore them but worried I might end up with some kind of infestation!

chemenger Wed 02-Dec-15 08:46:50

Fleas usually bite round your ankles (bitter experience) and often in straight lines rather than clusters. And never in ones and twos, if you have fleas in the house they increase until you wage war on them.

Madelinehatter Wed 02-Dec-15 09:00:04

Well I have a small cluster on my chest. 3. I have had the bites 4 or 5 times. Just the odd one usually and in various places.

Have ruled out bed bugs as again would expect more than 1 occasional bite.

It's a mystery!

Thanks for replying.

Camarg0 Wed 02-Dec-15 09:04:12

My mum used to have something similar, she was convinced that they were flea bites from spending time at her friends house who had 2 cats. It turned out that they were a weird hive type rash from eating bananas.
That's probably not helpful to you though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now