Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recurring vaginal thrush. Please help!

(7 Posts)
AcrossTheSmiles Tue 01-Dec-15 13:48:31

I keep getting thrush, I feel like I have a constant low level itch and if I use soap or something it flairs up. I saw my boyfriend about 6 weeks ago and I gave it to him, I was so embarrassed, he's coming home for Christmas and I'm scared to have sex incase it happens again!

Any ideas in how to stop it? I'm getting really down. I bought the internal and external cream last time but they were really small tubes and obviously didn't work.

Thanks

starsinyourpies Tue 01-Dec-15 13:49:13

I hope this is a silly question but what does your doctor say?

PenguinPoser Tue 01-Dec-15 13:54:00

Assuming you've been to your GP for swabs to confirm that it is actually thrush? If not - do that. It could be something entirely different!

Sadik Tue 01-Dec-15 13:53:48

Definitely go to the doctor - they go through various options, including different pessaries, fungicide tablets etc. Generally they'll manage to sort it out pretty quickly.

I had recurring thrush for a very, very long time (and went through a lot of options grin ) - eventually the GP suggested trying the GUM clinic - think it's called that now, it's what used to be called the STD clinic, walk in at the hospital. They said they see a lot of cases of really, really persistent thrush and are good at picking up the really obscure causes!

(In my case they tested my iron and B12 levels which were way down - apparantly anaemia can sometimes be the reason you can't get rid of it.)

AcrossTheSmiles Tue 01-Dec-15 14:10:26

I know it's not anything STD related. I had a full check up a few weeks ago.

My GP just prescribes me canestan.

AcrossTheSmiles Tue 01-Dec-15 14:10:49

I'll go back tomorrow.

Sadik Tue 01-Dec-15 14:21:19

Sorry, not clear - even though it's the STD clinic, they'll help with thrush too, IYKWIM (ie, it doesn't have to be an STD).

Maybe ask your Dr if they can prescribe something else besides Canestan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now